For the latest information on COVID-19 in Kentucky, visit the state’s information web site at kycovid19.ky.gov.
In cooperation with state and local government, Kentuckians are working to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, the disease caused by the 2019 Novel Coronavirus. We are providing these resources to assist in guarding the health and safety of Kentucky’s Disciples.
- Healthy at Church: Guidelines from the Christian Church in Kentucky
- Kentucky’s Phase 1 Guidelines for Houses of Worship
- Healthy at Worship Guidance from the Kentucky Council of Churches
- Reopening Your Church Office (UCCIB)
Disciples and COVID-19
Resources from the Office of the General Minister and President, Week of Compassion, and the National Benevolent Association.
Week of Compassion
Please contact them if you have reported cases in congregations so that they can both track the virus and provide any needed logistical or financial assistance.
- CDC Recommendations for Faith-Based Communities.
- Regional meetings, including clergy gatherings, will be conducted by video conference using Zoom. New to Zoom? Check out this Super Easy Guide to Zoom!
- The UCC Insurance Board has produced a handout of Safety Tips and Resources.
- DisciplesNet Church is an online congregation of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). [More information]
From the Regional Minister
- All Things Are Lawful. Plans to reopen in-person worship services should be made cautiously, collaboratively, and compassionately.
- Healthy at Church, Healthy in Worship. The Region offers these guidelines as churches plan to reopen.
- Stewardship, Fellowship, Koinonia. Although not gathering may cause concern for the congregation’s stewardship, we must not neglect the discipline of fellowship.
- Taking Steps to Mitigate Virus Spread. Your regional ministry is taking steps to mitigate spreading the Coronavirus. We are complying with the recommendation not to gather in groups of 10 or more.
- Worship in the Face of the Coronavirus. A response from Interim Regional Minister Dean Phelps following Gov. Beshear’s suggestion that churches cancel worship.
- Responding to Coronavirus and COVID-19. A message from the Interim Regional Minister prior to the governor’s March 11 press conference.