The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Kentucky (“Region”) entering a new era in Regional Ministry is diligently searching for a Part-Time, Associate Regional Minister to join our team in upholding the many exciting ministries among our 200 congregations and 370 clergy as we cast a vision for the future of regional ministry in Kentucky. The Region builds up ministry among clergy and congregations through its mission to Care, Connect, and Equip.
As a vital part of its mission to connect congregations and equip ministry within the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Kentucky, the Region seeks an Associate Regional Minister for New Church Ministries (“Associate”). The Associate would Connect new, emerging, affiliating churches/ministries/communities to each other, the region, and the general church The Associate reports to the General Minister.
This position is part time 20 hours weekly/Contract position for three-years
- The candidate will be an ordained minister who maintains standing in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
- The candidate will hold a Master of Divinity from an ATS accredited seminary.
- The Associate will have a workspace in the office on Red Mile Road but may choose to work primarily from home.
The Associate provides leadership for the CCK regional New Church Ministries by carrying out the following:
- Oversee the work of the New Church Ministries in coordination with CCK New Church Ministry Committee
- Oversee goals and execute plans to dream and design two or three new strategies for establishing New Church ministries in coordination with CCK New Church Ministry Committee
- Coordinate, plan, and attend NCM Committee meetings.
- Oversee grant structures in coordination with CCK New Church Ministry Committee.
- Encourage open communication between NCM and CCK Ministry Team.
- Communicate (with NCM) with our new churches, emerging, affiliating leaders.
- Encourage leadership training and coaching with Hope Partnership/New Church.
- Maintain a contact list for new ministries and pastors.
- Provide coaching on new church launch, ministry plan, business registration and bylaws, etc.
- Oversee the development of a social media presence to promote new initiatives in reaching new planters.
- Oversee one district in CCK region.
- If possible, be available to do some travel to regional churches to promote new initiatives.
- Ability to connect with new, emerging, innovative ministries.
- Experience working with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Organizational skills and ability to plan ahead
- Ability to build relationships with New Churches
- Teamwork attitude
- 1-2 Years’ Experience in New Church Ministry Experience with email marketing systems such as Constant Contact is preferred but not required.
Contact Rev. Dr. Donald K. Gillett, II, Regional Minister, with questions or to apply.