CCK » Cane Ridge Meeting House
The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) is part of the Stone-Campbell movement, a New Testament restoration movement that began as part what is historically known as the Second Great Wakening. The Stone-Campbell movement was the merger of two streams of Christian practice and understanding that began with Thomas and Alexander Campbell in Western Pennsylvania and Barton W. Stone in Bourbon County, Kentucky. A handshake in Lexington, KY in 1832 by representatives of both camps made the union official.
The Cane Ridge Meeting House is the original log church where Barton W. Stone was minister and it is considered as the birthplace of the CC(DOC). This structure is preserved by a stone edifice that encapsulates the log church and is accompanied by a museum that houses many of the artifacts and historical documents related to the birth of the Stone-Campbell movement.
Curator James Trader and a board of directors are responsible for the preservation of this treasured part of Disciples history.
The Cane Ridge Meeting House is a partner institution of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) In Kentucky and provides Kentucky Disciples and Disciples all over the world a place to call their spiritual home.