The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Kentucky (“Region”) is entering a new era in Regional Ministry with the recent call of the Rev. Dr. Donald K. Gillett, II and the retirement of the Rev. Linda Jones and is diligently searching for a Part-Time, Acting Associate Regional Minister to join our team in upholding the many exciting ministries among our 203 congregations and 370 clergy as we cast a vision for the future of regional ministry in Kentucky. The Region builds up ministry among clergy and congregations through its mission to care, connect, and equip.
As a vital part of its mission to connect congregations and equip ministry within the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Kentucky, the Region seeks an Acting Associate Regional Minister (“Associate”). The position will be considered part-time, requiring 20-25 hours per week. The Associate reports to the General Minister. Application period closes November 20.
- The candidate will be an ordained minister who maintains standing in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
- The candidate will hold a Master of Divinity from an ATS accredited seminary.
- The Associate will have a workspace in the office on Red Mile Road but may choose to work primarily from home.
- Although the Associate will need to be available in the Red Mile Road office regularly, residence near the office is not required.
- Serve as the district minister to 2-3 assigned Districts, attending and convening district clergy meetings and providing pastoral care to clergy in the district.
- Be present in worship with a congregation of the Region at least two Sundays each month, preaching in worship as requested.
- In coordination with the General Minister, be present for special events in the life of congregations in the Region.
- Work with congregations in search and call as requested by the General Minister.
- Assist congregations in ministry planning and conflict resolution.
- Serve as the staff resource to the Regional Reconciliation Team and the trainers for Seeing the Face of God in Each Other.
- Serve as the staff resource to the Regional Assembly Planning Team.
- Serve as the Secretary of the Regional Board.
- Plan training and fellowship events for clergy and congregational leadership and ministry development.
- Attend weekly check-in meetings with the staff of the Region and other staff meetings as called.
- Promote Disciples Mission Fund and other Disciples-related causes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to connect and communicate across multiple generations of clergy.
- Use a database system to track work in search and call and contact with clergy.
- Basic computer skills including word processing and spreadsheets. Use of Microsoft Office is preferred.
- Experience with email marketing systems such as Constant Contact is preferred but not required.
This will be a 10-month contract. The selected candidate will have the option to apply for the permanent position, if interested. Contact Rev. Dr. Donald K. Gillett, II, Regional Minister, with questions or to apply.